Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Blog Post

I grew up in Mobile, Alabama, and left after graduation for a long stint in the military, which led me to journey to many different states,as well as visiting Germany, England, France and the Philippines. I also lived in Hawaii for over three years and had the time of my life, with the exception of the horrible traffic jams. My major interests include education, martial arts(especially Goju Ryu Karate), learning and being associated with the armed forces. I also enjoy basketball, television sports, working out, tennis, playing pool and traveling. I've attended several colleges (receiving an associates degree in General Studies) and all the experience I gained led me to seek an elementary education degree from the University of South Alabama. I am here due me to leaving the military so that I can devote all of my time to pursuing my passion of teaching. The majority of my relatives are from Alabama, Mississippi and California. Being the only sibling in my family to complete high school and attend college has my family looking forward to me graduating.

I entered the field of education because I want to help educate our youth for a successful life which will allow them to meet the challenges of tomorrow with all the right skills they will need to be competitive and enthusiastic about learning. I've always had a passion for teaching because I have always loved learning new things and then share it with others. I've always chosen professions where I would have the opportunity to learn and later teach it to others, and almost always in a classroom setting. Now that I have the opportunity to truly make a difference by using my veteran's benefits, I am returning to college to study teaching at the elementary school level because it offers me the chance to teach eager young minds, with the hopes that my influence will help them throughout their lives. One of the things I do best is share my knowledge, time and resources with others, but I would love to get better at teaching so that I can realize my full potential it.


Teacher with her elementary school students

Sources: www.myfotopedia.com; www.blackbeltmagazine.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment